and I will sow him for myself in the land. And I will have pity on Lo-ruhamah, and I will say to Lo-ammi, "You are my people"; and he shall say, "You are my God." Hosea 2:23
listen to what God has to say—
to those who are silenced:
you are my closest advisors,
the voices i turn to first.
to the transgender kids
who are bullied by politicians
and ultra-righteous prigs:
you are my Beloved,
I rejoice in you.
to the immigrants who
are turned away by fear:
there is always room
for you in my Community.
to all who bear
the bruises, the scars,
the wounds, the memories
inflicted by the cruel who
claim to care for all:
I wrap you in the shawl
of grace, woven from the
threads of love and hope.
to all the forgotten,
the vulnerable, the discounted,
the lost, the grieving, the lonely:
I am your God,
you are my people,
and always will be.
(c) 2026 Thom M. Shuman
Venmo: @Thom-Shuman
Tuesday, September 29, 2026
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment