Thursday, December 10, 2009

Second Thursday of Advent

Please read Genesis 1:1; Revelation 22:13

come:

for
we have scrabbled
all those imaginative words
you spoke at creation -
light, beauty, sky,
grace, water, joy, hope -
jumbling them into a
toxic mess which daily
threatens your dreams;

come:

for
no matter how we try
to juggle the books,
punching in this number
and the next on our high tech
calculators,
trying + and then -
even x a few times,
our lives never seem
to balance out;

from the beginning
to your ending
and beyond,
from a to z
with all the words
in between,
from our first breath
to our last hope,
come,
Alpha and Omega,
come.

(c) 2009 Thom M. Shuman

1 comment:

sanctifyingsarah said...

This one really spoke to me today, I am at the library and this book just fell into my lap Finding Rest when the Work is Never Done. I guess I am getting a message!