Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Third Tuesday of Advent

Please read Psalm 1

as the foam-crested waves
played tag,
running up to my toes
clenched tightly in the sand,
and then dashing back,
i stood mesmerized,
looking around for
someone
to take my hand and
give me courage;

so come.

sitting in the
tub,
my little boat bobbing
on the knee induced waves
i would listen longingly
for footsteps to come
down the hall,
book in hand
to read me a
sherlock story;

so come.

scraped, stacked, soaked
i swish the cloth over,
under, and around each dish,
pan, and utensil,
ducking them under the
rinsing waves before
lining them up in the
drainer in proper order,
wondering if someone
will come, take the towel
off my shoulder, saying,
'let me give you a hand';

so come,
Living Water,
come to be with, in,
around, over, through me,
come.

(c) 2009 Thom M. Shuman

No comments: