Saturday, March 09, 2013

braveheart

Be strong, and let your heart
          take courage,
    all you who wait for the
          LORD.
Psalm 31:24
- - - - -

this day,
           O Lord,
give me courage:

to open my mouth
           on behalf of the
                               voiceless,
       and turn a deaf ear
               to those who offer
           words of fear and ridicule;

to share a meal
              with the lost and the
                          least, and
        not hunger for a place
        at the head table;

to open up my abundance
      and stop imagining
            it all belongs to
        me;

to honor all those
          the world shames,
     and wrap them in
                 respect's soft shawl;

to trust in you, not
       in my baser
                       instincts.

give me courage,
    this day and
                      every day.

© 2013 Thom M. Shuman

No comments: