Friday, September 08, 2023

play misty for me

"Yet you do not even know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For you are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." James 4:14

make me a sprinkler of joy
for little kids and those
in their second childhood
to run through on summer days.
make me a blanket of wonder
for families to use to make 
angels on snow days from school.
make me a hose of justice
which the parched oppressed
may drink from when the powerful
turn their backs on them.
make me a faucet of grace
whose handle has broken off
so it flows through the lives
of the lonely and afraid 
without ever subsiding.
make me a mist of hope
which covers those who
have climbed into that boat
which gently carries them
to the far shore where 
love waits to welcome them.

(c) 2023 Thom M. Shuman

Venmo: @Thom-Shuman

No comments: